Tuesday 20 April 2010

Podcast # 4: Binary

My apologies for the fact that this one is much later than I'd hoped. I had intended to have it out earlier in the month but my laptop died and I've had all manner of technical frustrations getting my recording equipment to work properly with my new one.

Today's story is called Binary.

This story was written in August 1997, first published in the anthology em three in July 2001, and later published in my book Spell in February 2008. At the time of composition Clinton was US president, and the passing of comet Hale-Bopp, the Heaven's Gate suicides and an air of pre-millenial angst were the order of the day. These comments may perhaps help some of the story's lines make more sense to contemporary readers. Perhaps. 

This is the first podcast I've done with music. If you want a version of just the track Binary itself, without all my blather at the start, you can download it at my ReverbNation page at http://www.reverbnation.com/darrenfrancis You can hear other tracks by me there, too.


Link to file:  http://darrenfrancis.brinkster.net/podcast4binary.mp3

You can also hear it at my myspace audio page: www.myspace.com/logosdarrenfrancisaudio

Note that the latter version only features the track Binary itself and not my spoken intro.

For those of you who enjoyed my crop circle story last time round, I'm doing a lecture on the history and folklore of crop circles and crop circle making in London at the end of this month. Here's the info if you want to attend:

Darren Francis - Crop Circles: Magic, Myths & Makers

An illustrated talk for London Earth Mysteries Circle, Tuesday 27th April 2010

Since they first caught our attention 30 years ago, the debate on crop circles has raged; otherworldly communication, or trickster? Tonight's speaker has seen the subject from both sides of the fence, and presents for your entertainment a history of crop circles, an analysis of the research which some maintain proves that crop circles cannot be of human origin, and an insight into the theory and practice of their (alleged) making. Illustrated with slides.

7.15pm start. £4.50/£4.00 concessions/£3.50 members.

Venue: The Theosophical Society, 50 Gloucester Place, W1U 8EA. Nearest Tube is Baker Street.

Website for further information: http://www.londonearth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment